As you are aware, guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) related to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is evolving rapidly.
Recently, the U.S. government issued new warnings against travel to Italy and Iran, as well as new screening protocols for travelers returning to the United States from affected areas (CDC Level 3 – Avoid Nonessential Travel, currently mainland China, South Korea, Italy and Iran).
Our members or families returning from a CDC Level 3 affected area, as well as from Japan, should undergo quarantine of at least 14 days to quarantine at their permanent home residence or with other family members.
While there is currently no vaccine to protect against COVID-19, the CDC recommends these preventive actions to reduce the risk of developing influenza and other respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We hope that you will all strive to remain compassionate and understanding and to be supportive of one another.