|Enrollment:||12 regular classes: Pre-K through 10th grade|
|School year||Fall and Spring Semesters, total 30 weeks. Saturday 9:00 to 11:30 A.M|
Open to anyone interested in the study of Chinese language, culture and traditions. Children must be at least four years of age by September of the enrolling year.
Parents’ and Students’ Guide
- All members of the school have the responsibility to maintain the rented classrooms in the same conditions as we have received them. The parents will be responsible for any damage made by their children to school property.
- Students are not permitted to use the stationary that belong to Radnor High School teachers.
- Students are prohibited to bring guns, knives, drugs, and alcohol to school. Students who violate this rule will be suspended.
- Smoking is not permitted either inside or outside of the school building.
- No running or shouting in the hallway during recess time.
- Students are expected to be in their classrooms during class time, and they should remain in the school building while the school is in session. For a first time violation of this rule, parents will be notified. Repeated offenders will be required to stay after school to help clean up classrooms.
- During a class, students should follow the teacher’s guidance and keep the class in order.
- Teachers will call roll on every school day. Student who arrive late or leave early, 15 minutes or more, will not be credited for full attendance that day. In order to qualify for the Full Attendance Award, the student may not leave early or be late for class more than twice each school year.
- Students are expected to have homework every week and need to turn it in every school day.
- There are two monthly tests and one final exam each semester. The frequency of the quizzes is determined by the individual teacher. Each student will bring home a report card, which must be signed by the parents, at the end of each semester. A student’s advancement to the next grade in the following year will be recommended by the teacher, based upon academic performance.
- Students successfully completing the highest grade level class offered by the school will receive diplomas and graduate from the school.
- Parents need to help their children follow the school rules.
- If there is any concern about a child, the parents should contact the teacher. Parents should attend the School Open House and the Teacher-Parent Conference.
- The parents on duty will receive a notice from the school a few days before their “on duty” day. The parents on duty should take responsibility for the things described in the notice.
- If a child must be absent from school, the parents should call the teacher in advance, and ask for the homework for the following week. A make-up test will be given on the day the student returns to school.
- The school is a non-profit organization. In order to keep the school functioning smoothly, parents are asked to actively participate in school service.